Scott Holzman, PhD
A licensed clinical psychologist in Maryland with over 15 years of experience, Scott provides a range of services that include:
- Psychotherapy (adults, adolescents, children)
- Couples counseling
- Group therapy
- Evaluations (DWI, workers comp and other forensic evaluations in cases involving potential substance abuse or mental health issues)
Scott is trained as a:
- Licensed psychologist
- Collaborative divorce coach/practitioner
- Child specialist
- Parent coordinator
Divorce Mediation is an alternative approach to dispute resolution in which couples use a neutral professional to help them discuss and negotiate the terms of their separation and divorce. Scott and Amy are trained mediators. Depending on the circumstances of the client’s case, Scott and Amy may mediate a matter individually, together, or sometimes they co-mediate with attorney mediators.
In a mediated divorce, Scott can act as a (non-attorney) mediator for one member of the separating couple, or be engaged as a co-mediator in which Amy Mazer is the other mediator (representing the other party). In co-mediated divorces, Amy and Scott work as a team with both spouses during every mediation session.
In a collaborative divorce, Scott works with a multi-disciplinary team that also includes attorneys, other mental health professionals and financial specialists to help couples resolve their disputes respectfully, without going to court.
1993 Ph.D. California School of Professional Psychology – Fresno
1990 M.A. California School of Professional Psychology – Fresno
1985-1988 Loyola College: Graduate Study in Psychology
1985 B.S. in Psychology/Business Administration, Towson University
- Maryland Psychological Association – Fellow
- Maryland Psychological Association Educational Affairs Committee member
- Maryland Collaborative Practice Council (MCPC)- Board Member
- Howard County Collaborative Professionals (HCCP) –Howard County’s Practice Group Representative to MCPC
- Collaborative Professionals of Baltimore (CPB)
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
For more information about Scott’s services beyond those provided as part of the Family Divorce Resource team, please visit his website at scottholzman.com/my-services/. You can also contact Scott directly to schedule an appointment at his Baltimore or Columbia, Maryland office.
What Our Clients Are Saying
Amy & Scott helped our family navigate through an incredibly difficult time in our lives. They gave me and my kids the coping tools and tactics we needed when we needed them most. I'm not sure I could have gotten through my separation and divorce without them.— Mother of Two in Catonsville